I’m a fan of Kristen Welch – both her writing and her ministry. My husband gifted me with a subscription to Fair Trade Friday Earrings several years ago and I LOVE it. It’s one of my most favorite gifts EVER. Because of my familiarity with Kristen...
Archive for August 2020
Many congregations, including mine, bless teachers at the start of the school year. This year, we did so during live Zoom worship. Since it worked well and we heard many good things about it, I'm posting it below in case you're looking for...
As a children and youth minister, I’m often sought as the “expert” on parenting. I lead the classes, refer parents to other professionals in times of crisis, and share parenting stories in my sermons. As much as I try to share parenting failures,...
Because we are not gathering in person, we offered this as...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the Minister of Youth and Family at Atonement Lutheran Church in Barrington, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel), The Real Jesus (The Youth Cartel), Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders (Abingdon), and A Mission That Matters (Abingdon). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. Jen is also the Assistant Director of Arbor Research Group where she has led many national studies. When not doing ministry or research, she and her husband, Doug, and daughter, Hope, can be found traveling and enjoying life together.More about Jen
A Mission That Matters: How To Do Short-Term Missions Without Long-Term Harm
Unleashing the Hidden Potential of your Student Leaders
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- The story behind CALLED
- On the Capitol Siege, President Trump, and Epiphany
- 5 Realities to Keep in Mind as you Plan for Summer 2021
- God with us
- Review: Defiant by Kelley Nikondeha
- Review: All the Colors of Christmas by Matthew Paul Turner
- Review: Don't Overthink It by Anne Bogel
- Receive the gift
- The outsourcing of faith formation
- The morning after: Why I'm weeping on this post-election day
- Rwanda, missions, & saving our neighborhoods
- What teens need from their youth ministries right now
- Social distancing, masks, & caring for one another
- Review: Made to Move Mountains by Kristen Welch
- Stuff You Can Use: Fall Teacher Blessing via Zoom
- Notes from the pandemic: The difficulty of watching church with kids
- Sending Ritual for College Students
- Seven Things the Church Can Learn from The Babysitters Club
- 6 things I learned from virtual VBS
- 17 Keys to Making Virtual VBS a Success