This year, for the first time since September 11, I woke up on September 11 unaware of the date and not thinking about the tragedy that occurred 8 years ago. It wasn’t until I was about half way through the day that I logged onto Facebook...
Like many others around the country, on Wednesday night, I watched President Obama’s address to Congress regarding health care with interest.
For our entire married life, which equals our entire adult life, Doug & I have always had...
Since July, Doug & I have been feeding a stray cat. Since I’m a cat person who routinely feels bad for homeless kitties, this really isn’t all that unusual for us.
The problem is that little by little I began to love this...
Today marks the start of my 8th year in youth ministry, and the start of my 2nd year at Faith. What a journey it has been!
Last year, when I began my ministry at Faith, I was cocky and pretty sure of myself and my approach to youth ministry. So...
Welcome to YMJen.com!
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel), The Real Jesus (The Youth Cartel), Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders (Abingdon), and the forthcoming A Mission That Matters (Abingdon). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. Jen is also the Assistant Director of Arbor Research Group where she has led many national studies. When not doing ministry or research, she and her husband, Doug, and daughter, Hope, can be found traveling and enjoying life together.More about Jen
Unleashing the Hidden Potential of your Student Leaders
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- Why you shouldn't try out adult leaders on mission trips
- 16 years ago
- The responsibility for a shared past and future
- Review: Developing Emotionally Mature Leaders by Aubrey Malphurs
- Adult leader’s training: The one thing you shouldn’t skimp on
- When the way is clear
- Review: Sex, Jesus, and the Conversations the Church Forgot by Mo Isom
- On being done
- Review: Inspired by Rachel Held Evans
- Relinquishing Privilege
- Jesus Changes Everything
- Why I don't want my male colleagues to follow the Billy Graham rule
- 4 Things I Learned about Intergenerational Ministry from a Family Resort
- Review: Courageous Women of the Bible by Latan Roland Murphy
- Review: Raising World Changers in a Changing World by Kristen Welsh
- The problem with legislating modesty
- 9 questions to ask before a youth pastor audition
- Recognizing Graduates with Prayer Books
- Review: Cultivating the Fruit of the Spirit by Christopher J. H. Wright
- Review: On Pills and Needles by Rick Van Warner