Believing that who I am and what I have is enough, this year I give myself permission to...
- Be brave in all things
- Try new things
- Dream big
- Daydream, even if it seems like “wasting” time
- Devote time, energy, and even money to things that nourish and replenish me, especially (but not only) writing
- Say no to things that distract me from my goals (even when doing so is difficult)
- Boldly claim the title “writer”, even if I have not yet (and may not ever) publish a book
- Submit articles to various online and print magazines, knowing that rejection will be part of the journey
- Find and listen to my muse, wherever she takes me
- Embrace my own creativity
- Write for the sheer joy of it, knowing that the act of writing and the words that flow from it are sacred
- Write about whatever I want, whenever I want, without fearing how it might impact my blog stats
- View critiques as opportunities to grow
- Listen to the “sweetheart” voices more than the critics
- Write vulnerably
- Grow – as a wife, follower of Christ, youth worker, and writer.
This post was written in response to a prompt from Story 101.