Recently, I’ve seen an increasing number of posts in various children and youth pastor’s forums about how to rebuild an adult leadership team that’s been decimated by the pandemic. It seems that as many people switched to virtual ministry, their...
Archive for January 2021
Two and a half years ago, I transitioned out of a 10-year call that I loved.
The decision to leave was NOT an easy one. It’s one I struggled with a lot… And along the way, I did what I always do: I turned to books for guidance.
I dutifully read...
Like so many others, I watched in horror yesterday as domestic terrorists seized the US Capitol.
I’ve been in the Capitol building.
As a child, I visited it with passes from my Illinois senator. As an adult, I availed myself of my rights and went...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the Minister of Youth and Family at Atonement Lutheran Church in Barrington, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel), The Real Jesus (The Youth Cartel), Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders (Abingdon), and A Mission That Matters (Abingdon). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. Jen is also the Assistant Director of Arbor Research Group where she has led many national studies. When not doing ministry or research, she and her husband, Doug, and daughter, Hope, can be found traveling and enjoying life together.More about Jen
A Mission That Matters: How To Do Short-Term Missions Without Long-Term Harm
Unleashing the Hidden Potential of your Student Leaders
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- Notes from the Pandemic: Pandemic Babies
- 3 educational priorities
- How the Bible Ruined the Berenstain Bears'
- Review: How to Listen So Your Kids Will Talk
- 7 reasons to do Virtual Sunday School as a Live Event
- 7 things that are working well in virtual Sunday School
- 4 ways to utilize leaders in virtual ministry
- The story behind CALLED
- On the Capitol Siege, President Trump, and Epiphany
- 5 Realities to Keep in Mind as you Plan for Summer 2021
- God with us
- Review: Defiant by Kelley Nikondeha
- Review: All the Colors of Christmas by Matthew Paul Turner
- Review: Don't Overthink It by Anne Bogel
- Receive the gift
- The outsourcing of faith formation
- The morning after: Why I'm weeping on this post-election day
- Rwanda, missions, & saving our neighborhoods
- What teens need from their youth ministries right now
- Social distancing, masks, & caring for one another