As a parent, I also want my daughter to know...
Archive for December 2017
“I have to go get my guys!” my two-year old daughter, Hope, told me as I began reading the Christmas story to her during our morning devotion. A few minutes later she returned with her Fisher Price nativity set and proceeded to act out the...
Not long ago, I sat in worship thinking “Every aspect of this service has been entirely about me.” That week, it felt like worship pointed not to Jesus, but to me.
I’m pretty sure that a few months earlier, I would not have been so acutely aware...
As a young youth worker, once I figured out that I shouldn’t be writing my own curriculum, I’d spend hours pouring over existing curriculum, trying to figure out what to teach the teens entrusted to my care.
I had no idea what I was looking for in...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel), The Real Jesus (The Youth Cartel), Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders (Abingdon), and the forthcoming A Mission That Matters (Abingdon). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. Jen is also the Assistant Director of Arbor Research Group where she has led many national studies. When not doing ministry or research, she and her husband, Doug, and daughter, Hope, can be found traveling and enjoying life together.More about Jen
Unleashing the Hidden Potential of your Student Leaders
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- Review: You Are the Beloved by Henri Nouwen
- Review: Talking with your kids about God by Natasha Crain
- Making Jesus accessible
- Review: Free of Me by Sharon Hodde Miller
- 9 Keys to Choosing Curriculum
- Review: The Shadow by Kimberly Rae
- Why You Shouldn’t Write Curriculum
- Review: Reading People by Anne Bogel
- Review: Loved Baby by Sarah Philpott, PhD.
- Review: God Gave Us Family by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Do you need me?
- Review: Daring to Hope by Katie Davis Majors
- A New Metric
- Review: Loving My Actual Christmas by Alexandra Kuykendall
- Why you should follow up
- Review: Leading Without Power by Mark Oestreicher
- Whatever happened to Corduroy's Lisa?
- Say What You Mean to Say
- Review: Hope for the Prodigal by Jim Putnam with Bill Putnam
- A chance to preach