In college, I worked as a Resident Advisor in a dorm, for which I received a very tiny monthly stipend. Some months, I spent my entire stipend at the local Christian bookstore buying Christian fiction. I adored Karen Kingsbury, Francine Rivers,...
Archive for November 2017
I adored this youth ministry and its curriculum. It was solid theologically, incredibly creative, and designed specifically to...
My youth ministry did the 30 Hour Famine last week. It went well. Very well, in fact. Unfortunately, I felt like my colleagues didn't notice it, let alone affirm my role in it. This was disheartening to me – a fact that I hate.
Yet, what I’m...
It was my due date the first time I was pregnant. Only I never made it that far. Shortly after finding out I was pregnant, I miscarried and my world shattered.
Even now, nearly four years later, I still grieve that day. More often...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the Minister of Youth and Family at Atonement Lutheran Church in Barrington, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel), The Real Jesus (The Youth Cartel), Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders (Abingdon), and A Mission That Matters (Abingdon). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. Jen is also the Assistant Director of Arbor Research Group where she has led many national studies. When not doing ministry or research, she and her husband, Doug, and daughter, Hope, can be found traveling and enjoying life together.More about Jen
A Mission That Matters: How To Do Short-Term Missions Without Long-Term Harm
Unleashing the Hidden Potential of your Student Leaders
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- Why you shouldn’t prep for mission trips during your regular gatherings
- 4 reasons why bigger isn't always better
- Review: White Picket Fences by Amy Julia Becker
- Review: The Brick Builder's Bible
- 7 questions to help you decide when to cancel youth group
- Review: I'd Rather Be Reading by Anne Bogel
- 7 questions to help you determine the developmental appropriateness of a curriculum
- Why you can't sell hope
- Review: Learning to Speak God from Scratch by Jonathan Merritt
- Review: Sustainable Children's Ministry by Mark DeVries & Annette Safstrom
- Review: Called by Mark Labberton
- Five roles of adult leaders in large groups
- Guest Post: Four ways to cultivate partnerships with those you seek to serve by Emily Gorz
- Review: Grace Like Scarlett by Adriel Booker
- In defense of structure
- Guest Post: What I learned from being THE leader on a summer mission trip by Joe Yucha
- Processing what you learn
- Review: Consider Your Calling by Gordon T. Smith
- Guest Post: What I learned as a mission trip adult leader by Andy Waters
- Review: Raise Your Voice by Kathy Khang