In college, I worked as a Resident Advisor in a dorm, for which I received a very tiny monthly stipend. Some months, I spent my entire stipend at the local Christian bookstore buying Christian fiction. I adored Karen Kingsbury, Francine Rivers,...
Archive for November 2017
I adored this youth ministry and its curriculum. It was solid theologically, incredibly creative, and designed specifically to...
My youth ministry did the 30 Hour Famine last week. It went well. Very well, in fact. Unfortunately, I felt like my colleagues didn't notice it, let alone affirm my role in it. This was disheartening to me – a fact that I hate.
Yet, what I’m...
It was my due date the first time I was pregnant. Only I never made it that far. Shortly after finding out I was pregnant, I miscarried and my world shattered.
Even now, nearly four years later, I still grieve that day. More often...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel), The Real Jesus (The Youth Cartel), Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders (Abingdon), and the forthcoming A Mission That Matters (Abingdon). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. Jen is also the Assistant Director of Arbor Research Group where she has led many national studies. When not doing ministry or research, she and her husband, Doug, and daughter, Hope, can be found traveling and enjoying life together.More about Jen
Unleashing the Hidden Potential of your Student Leaders
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- Making Jesus accessible
- Review: Free of Me by Sharon Hodde Miller
- 9 Keys to Choosing Curriculum
- Review: The Shadow by Kimberly Rae
- Why You Shouldn’t Write Curriculum
- Review: Reading People by Anne Bogel
- Review: Loved Baby by Sarah Philpott, PhD.
- Review: God Gave Us Family by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Do you need me?
- Review: Daring to Hope by Katie Davis Majors
- A New Metric
- Review: Loving My Actual Christmas by Alexandra Kuykendall
- Why you should follow up
- Review: Leading Without Power by Mark Oestreicher
- Whatever happened to Corduroy's Lisa?
- Say What You Mean to Say
- Review: Hope for the Prodigal by Jim Putnam with Bill Putnam
- A chance to preach
- Review: Faithgirlz Backpack Bible: Follow Your Heart, NIV!
- Review: Whole by Steve Wiens