What the book's about: Colors of Goodbye is a beautiful memoir about the life and death of September Vaudrey's 19-year old daughter, Katie. Using flashbacks as well as Katie's art, it's a story about grieving, choosing life after...
Archive for May 2016
At a recent conference, I attended a workshop where, among other things, the presenter made the case for using gender-neutral pronouns to teach children and youth about God.
This is a debate that rages in a lot of circles. People fear that if we...
In my community, it's officially the end of the year. Schools get out in the next couple of weeks and it seems that between now and then, there's a steady onslaught of end-of-the-year festivities, including parties. In some instances, students...
Baby girl turns one on Sunday, a milestone which has left me feeling nostalgic. There's so much I want to capture about this first year; things I fear I will forget in a year in which scrapbooking has fallen by the wayside.
During my pregnancy, I...
What the book's about: In many ways, Night Driving: A Story of Faith in the Dark picks up where Addie's first book, When We Were on Fire, leaves off. It addresses the question, "What does faith look like when the fire wanes?" using the...
What I'm Reading:
April was an INSANE month. Nevertheless, I still got some reading in.
Best mystery: What She Knew by Gilly Macmillan
Perfect beach read: Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny...
Like many congregations, mine uses a traditional educational hour or Sunday school format. This means that our junior high and high school students meet separately for 45-minutes each on Sunday mornings.
I love the opportunity this time provides...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. When not doing ministry, she and her husband Doug can be found hiking, backpacking, and traveling.More about Jen
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- Should youth workers give teens the answers or the questions?
- Recent Reads: Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands by Nancy Ortberg
- Play toys, Mama!
- Church isn't 7-11
- What I'm Into (June, 2017 Edition)
- When to Report Up
- Recent Reads: Hope Prevails by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- 12 Things Students Need from Adult Leaders on Mission Trips
- 10 things mission trip staffers need from adult leaders
- 18 tips for traveling with toddlers
- Review: At Home in the World by Tsh Oxenreider
- How to respond to a nastygram
- Recent Reads: Mack & Leeann's Guide to Short-Term Missions
- Why you should call on introverts first
- A giveaway of my new book, Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders
- Mama, Sing!
- Review: The Gift of Hard Things by Mark Yaconelli
- Review: Choosing Real by Bekah Jane Pogue
- Guest Post: Why Student Leadership Works by Emily Gorz