In this never-ending election cycle, immigration has been a source of constant debate amongst our candidates. As a long-time refugee champion, I have some definite feelings about refugee policies & quotas. Yet, I'll be the first to admit that...
Archive for April 2016
Recently, a new youth worker told me about how, after taking his first job in youth ministry, he decided the best way to begin his ministry would be to do a series addressing his high school students' questions about their faith. His first week on...
As part of our preparation for our upcoming Peacemaking Trip, we've been wrestling with the story of the Good Samaritan. In it, a lawyer asks Jesus, “Who is my neighbor?” In response, Jesus tells a story about a man who gets robbed, stripped, and...
Like most families, mine has been touched by terminal illness. I've lost grandparents and an uncle to cancer; Another grandparent to the horrific Lou Gehrig's disease. During each of their illnesses, I depended on my faith and inevitably...
What I'm Reading:
I read a lot during the month of March, finishing six fiction books.
Best mystery: She's Not There by Joy Fielding. I've been a fan of Joy Fielding for years. This was a well-written, engaging read about a...
I slunk into worship a few minutes late on Sunday, something that is, unfortunately, not unusual for this harried mama youth pastor. I hurriedly slid into a pew in the back of the sanctuary along with my 10-month old daughter.
A few minutes...
What the book's about: Saying Is Believing is a research-based book about the necessity of testimony in adolescent spiritual development. It's also a practical guide for how to invite teens to practice giving testimonies in our ministries. ...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. When not doing ministry, she and her husband Doug can be found hiking, backpacking, and traveling.More about Jen
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- Review & Giveaway: Alongside by Sarah Beckman
- An interview with Michelle DeRusha about Katharina & Martin Luther
- A modern-day version of the Good Samaritan
- 7 things not to do during seasons of change
- Addressing Parental Concerns
- Review: Katharina and Martin Luther by Michelle DeRusha
- 7 ways to support your church during seasons of change
- What I'm Into (December 2016 / January 2017 Edition)
- Stuff You Can Use: A Discussion about Refugees
- Review: Small Talk by Amy Julia Becker
- What's saving my life right now (2017 edition)
- Budgets are (not) boring!
- Stuff You Can Use: Beautiful Things Prayer Station
- Extreme facts about refugee resettlement
- The importance of international mission trips in the age of Trump
- What would Jesus have me do?
- Stuff You Can Use: One in Christ Prayer Station
- Review: Good Christian Sex by Bromleigh McCleneghan
- Prioritize what others need
- Stuff You Can Use: Happy Baptismal Birthday Prayer Station