As with retreat booklets, I thought that for something to count as a...
Archive for January 2016
What the book's about: Lauren Winner's Real Sex is a book that talks openly and honestly about sex, confronting the lies both our culture and the church tell about it. It also explores the discipline of chastity.
Why I read this book:...
The first retreat I ever led was about authentic relationships. I spent HOURS prepping every aspect of this retreat – including hours on a retreat booklet for participants. The retreat booklet contained cartoons, quotes, the Bible passages we were...
What the book's about: As it's subtitle suggests, Damaged Goods is about new perspectives on Christian purity. Using her own story as well as stories from interviews she conducted, Dianna explores some of the damage Christian purity...
This weekend is my youth ministry's annual winter retreat. During it, my high school students and I are exploring the book of Revelation.
After learning what our topic is, I've lost track of how many times someone has asked me, rather...
Sarah Bessey is a writer's writer. Her words are beautiful; Her language, poetry. She's someone I read when I need inspiration.
Needless to say, my expectations about her second book, Out of Sorts, were incredibly high, so much so that I...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel), The Real Jesus (The Youth Cartel), Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders (Abingdon), and the forthcoming A Mission That Matters (Abingdon). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. Jen is also the Assistant Director of Arbor Research Group where she has led many national studies. When not doing ministry or research, she and her husband, Doug, and daughter, Hope, can be found traveling and enjoying life together.More about Jen
Unleashing the Hidden Potential of your Student Leaders
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- Review: Called to Create by Jordan Raynor
- 10 Ways to Respond to a Suicidal Student
- Review: Fire Road by Kim Phuc Phan Thi
- Favored Leaders
- Coming Back to the 30 Hour Famine
- Review: Immeasurable by Skye Jethani
- Stuff You Can Use: A Bullseye Prayer Station
- Seven Ways to Tweak Curriculum
- Review: You Are the Beloved by Henri Nouwen
- Review: Talking with your kids about God by Natasha Crain
- Making Jesus accessible
- Review: Free of Me by Sharon Hodde Miller
- 9 Keys to Choosing Curriculum
- Review: The Shadow by Kimberly Rae
- Why You Shouldn’t Write Curriculum
- Review: Reading People by Anne Bogel
- Review: Loved Baby by Sarah Philpott, PhD.
- Review: God Gave Us Family by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Do you need me?
- Review: Daring to Hope by Katie Davis Majors