As with retreat booklets, I thought that for something to count as a...
Archive for January 2016
What the book's about: Lauren Winner's Real Sex is a book that talks openly and honestly about sex, confronting the lies both our culture and the church tell about it. It also explores the discipline of chastity.
Why I read this book:...
The first retreat I ever led was about authentic relationships. I spent HOURS prepping every aspect of this retreat – including hours on a retreat booklet for participants. The retreat booklet contained cartoons, quotes, the Bible passages we were...
What the book's about: As it's subtitle suggests, Damaged Goods is about new perspectives on Christian purity. Using her own story as well as stories from interviews she conducted, Dianna explores some of the damage Christian purity...
This weekend is my youth ministry's annual winter retreat. During it, my high school students and I are exploring the book of Revelation.
After learning what our topic is, I've lost track of how many times someone has asked me, rather...
Sarah Bessey is a writer's writer. Her words are beautiful; Her language, poetry. She's someone I read when I need inspiration.
Needless to say, my expectations about her second book, Out of Sorts, were incredibly high, so much so that I...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. When not doing ministry, she and her husband Doug can be found hiking, backpacking, and traveling.More about Jen
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- You might be a youth worker's husband if...
- Recent Reads: Evolving in Monkey Town and Bloom
- The sitcom, Friends, pasta, and holy ground
- Are service projects just busyness or meaningful acts?
- Pre-Mission Trip Timeline
- Teaching Kids about Vocation
- Confronting the Parts of Faith We Don't Like
- Review: A Year of Biblical Womanhood
- The Long-Game
- Book and Curriculum Review: Greater by Steven Furtick
- Only God
- Changing the Post-Mission Trip Conversation
- Why Stay?
- Cool Stuff Here
- 10 Things Every Adult Leader Should Know
- 15 Tips for Processing Mission Trips
- What leadership roles do you give students?
- A Glimpse of Heaven
- Book Review: A Faith of Our Own
- Stuff You Can Use: Why I Hate Religion but Love Jesus Discussion